- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced fine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, use half if you only have dried basil
- 1 large egg
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can crushed red tomatoes or (2 lbs fresh, cored, chopped and processed)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 lbs zucchini or yellow summer squash, trimmed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Bring water to a boil in small pot. Add raw cashews and cook until soft, 15 min. drain and set aside in a food blender.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in med size skillet. Add onions and cook until softened 8-10 min.
- Stir in garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes and cook about 30 sec. Transfer half of mixture to the food blender with the cashews. Add 1/4 cup basil, egg and 1 tsp sea salt and blend for about 1 min.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in ground beef mix. Pinch off 1 tbsp and roll into 1 1/2inch balls. Should make 12.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in skillet over med heat. Brown meatballs on all sides, about 10 min. Then transfer to plate.
- Add reserved onion mixture and tomato paste to fat/oil left in skillet and cook over med heat about 1 min. Stir in crushed tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook about 20 min or until sauce is thickened.
- Return browned meatballs to skillet. Reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer gently about 10 min.
- Stir in remaining 2 tbsp basil. Add sea salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat oven to 375. Use spiralizer, cut zucchini. Toss zucchini with 1 tbsp oil and sea salt and pepper to taste. Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until tender, 20 – 25 min. Time varies depending on how you like it.
- Transfer zucchini to large serving bowl, add several spoonful of sauce (without meatballs), and gently toss to combine.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com