- 1 (5-6lb) whole chicken
- 2 peeled, Sweet Potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 diced Carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 Large Celery chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 5 springs fresh Rosemary and Thyme + 2 tbsp chopped
- 8 tbsp ghee or coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prepare the herb butter – mix 6 tbsp of ghee or coconut oil, chopped rosemary, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- In a large roasting pan toss the sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, sea salt, pepper and garlic in 2 tbsp of ghee or coconut oil. Arrange veggies in a single layer.
- Remove the chicken giblets, rinse the chicken inside and out, pat the outside of the chicken dry as possible.
- Add salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme springs inside the chicken then place chicken on top of the veggies in roasting pan.
- Spread herb butter all over the top of the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until a thermometer through the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 – 165 F.
- Remove the chicken and veggies from the oven and loosely cover with a foil and let it rest for 20 min.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com