- 1 lb ground turkey (any ground meat)
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup Red hot sauce (you may omit)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise and put them face down on a cookie sheet. Cook in the oven for 30 min depending on the thickness you may have to cook a bit longer.
- I used a grapefruit spoon to scoop the filling out. Leave a little in for stability when stuffing.
- While your sweet potatoes are cooking. Put a pot or skillet over med heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil then add garlic and diced onions.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the ground turkey being sure to chop up with large spoon while cooking.
- Half way through cooking the turkey add all spices, continue cooking until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add sweet potato filling to turkey mixture. Stir in well.
- Now scoop out the new mixture and put into your sweet potato skins. Fill as much as possible then place back on the cookie sheet face up.
- Place back in over for 5 min.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com