- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped fine, onions
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder (Mrs. Dash makes a great one)
- 8 cups water
- 3 (12-ounce)bone in split chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 radishes, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over med heat, add onions, jalapeno, and 1 tbsp salt and cook until softened, about 5 min.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic, oregano, cumin, and chile powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 min. Stir 1 cup of water. Transfer to slow cooker and add remaining 7 cups of water.
- Season chicken with sea salt and pepper then add to slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender 3 to 5 hours on low.
- Transfer cooked chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly. Then shred with two forks in bite size pieces. Chop with knife if needed. Discard bone and skin.
- Stir in zucchini, cover and cook on high until tender about 30 min.
- Stir in chicken and heat about 5 min. season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each bowl with tomatoes, avocados, radishes and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com