- 1 1/2 pounds beets, trimmed
- 3 Oranges (2 whole, plus 2 tsp orange zest and 3 tbsp juice)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger juice squeezed only
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 sliced thin, shallot
- 1/4 fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped toasted cashews
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap beets individually in aluminum foil and place in slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of water, cover, and cook beets on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer beets to cutting board, open foil and let cool: discard cooking liquid. Rub off beet skins with paper towels or cut off. Next, cut beets into 1/2 inch thick wedges. Place in large bowl.
- Peel 2 oranges. quarter oranges, then slice crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Add to beets in large bowl. Add sliced shallots as well and set aside.
- Whisk in small bowl orange zest and juice from remaining orange. Add oil, honey, ginger, vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beet mixture. Toss so beets are well coated.
- Add additional sea salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with cilantro and 2 tbsp of coarsely chopped toasted cashews.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com