- 1 1/2 lbs large sea scallops
- 1 med butternut squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ghee (organic butter)
- 1 tbsp water
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh sage
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place paper towel on rimmed baking sheet, add scallops in single layer on top. Then top with another paper towel, let sit about 10 min.
- Heat over to 400 degrees. Add cut butternut squash to casserole dish place cover on and bake in oven for about 40 min. Should be soft when poked with a fork.
- Season sea scallops with sea salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add scallops in single layer and cook 1 to 2 min. Then flip scallops and continue to cook another min. Transfer to plate when finished and repeat till all scallops are cooked.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Heat remaining 3 tbsp of ghee on med heat. Add shallot and sage and cook about 1 min. Stir in lemon juice and any accumulated scallop juices and cook for 30 sec.
- Add squash, 1 tbsp ghee, water and 1 tsp sea salt to blender. Blend until smooth, 30 sec. Transfer to serving bowl to keep warm.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com