- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups celery root, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless cod fillets, 1 inch think cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in dutch oven over med heat until crisp, 5 to 7 min. Save bacon fat in pan and transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate.
- Add chopped onion to pot and cook over med heat about 8 min.
- Stir in thyme and cook about 30 sec. Stir in clam juice and water and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook about 20 min.
- Process cauliflower mixture in blender until smooth. Return to now empty pot and bring to a simmer over med heat.
- Stir in celery root, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and bay leaf. Cook until another 15 to 20 min.
- Season cod with salt and pepper and add to soup. Reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer until cod flakes apart about 5-7 min.
- Discard bay leaf then stir in parsley and lemon juice and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle individual options with crisp bacon before serving.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com