- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 4 (6.5 ounce can) chopped clams, Save juice in a measuring cup
- 2 cups of water
- 1 head cauliflower florets, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in dutch oven over med heat until crisp, 5 to 7 min. Save bacon fat in pan and transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate.
- Add chopped onion to pot and cook over med heat about 8 min.
- Stir in thyme and cook about 30 sec. Stir in clam juice from chopped clams and water; bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook about 20 min.
- Process cauliflower mixture in blender until smooth. Return to now empty pot and bring to a simmer over med heat.
- Stir in red potatoes, drained chopped clams, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and bay leaf. Cook until another 10 to 15 min.
- Discard bay leaves then stir in parsley and lemon juice and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle individual options with crisp bacon before serving.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com