- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 cans crushed red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced fine
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs of ground beef or bison (may use ground pork or chicken)
- 1 cup water, plus extra as needed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4-6 scallions
- Prepare seasoning by combining chili powder, cumin, 1 tbsp sea salt, coriander, pepper flakes, and oregano in a bowl.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med heat. Add onions and bell pepper, cook until softened, 8 to 10 min.
- Stir in spice mixture, tomato paste, and garlic; cook 2 min.
- Add half of the ground bison, and break up while cooking about 3-5 min until, no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and water bringing to a simmer, add cover, reduce heat to med-low. Stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- While cooking take the remaining ground beef into a big ball and make tsp of little balls out.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes and mini balls to chili. Continue to cook for 45 min.
- If Chili is sticking add a little water. Stir occasionally.
- Season with sea salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with scallions.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com