- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) whole chicken, giblets discarded
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized in 2 inch length
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1/4 cup, fresh parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- For the stock: Heat ghee in Dutch oven over Med. heat until shimmering. Add onions and sea salt, cook until softened.
- Place chicken breast side up in pot, then add water and bay leaves and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low, partially cover, and simmer about 30 to 40 min.
- Transfer chicken to carving board, let cool slightly, then shred meat into bite-zee pieces using 2 forks:
- For the soup: Add carrots and celery cook for 5 min. Stir in tomato paste and thyme and cook for another 5 min.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and chicken for another 5 min. Season with parsley, sea salt and pepper.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com