- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1 inch
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to tasted
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Add 6 cups of water to large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pounded chicken to boiling pot cook for 15 min. Then transfer chicken to plate/bowl to cool enough to handle. (you may refrigerate)
- Cook bacon over med eat until crisp, 8 to 10 min. Set aside to cool.
- In same pan as bacon was cooked in, using the bacon grease, cook shallots 2 min, then add garlic and cook 30 sec. Transfer mixture to large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt until combined.
- Pat chicken dry then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Add chicken, tomatoes, celery, basil, and crisp bacon to dressing and toss to combine. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- You may serve with the Paleo Wraps or eat plan. (See recipe for Paleo Wraps)
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com