- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar, plus 2/3 cup
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted slightly
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 12 cup muffin tin.
- Combine almonds, 2 tbs sugar, and lemon zest in bowl; set aside
- Using stand mixer fitted with whisk, whip arrowroot flour, eggs, water, melted coconut oil, vanilla, salt, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, and lemon juice together on med speed until thoroughly combined. Let rest 30 min.
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and nutmeg together in bowl. With mixer set to low speed, add flour mixture and mix until incorporated, about 30 sec. Batter should be light and fluffy. Using a rubber spatula, fold in blueberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add one scoop full per muffin tin. Sprinkle with almond mixture.
- Place in oven and bake until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 min.
- Let muffins cool about 10 min. Serve while warm.
Check out our 16-Week Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan subscriptions at: www.MAIN-Meals.com